Exercise #2
12/01/13
I’m a pretty pretty princess?
You’re a pretty pretty princess. Again.
I’m a pretty pretty princess.
No. Not like that. Say it like you mean it.
But I don’t.
Why don’t you? Frederick. Stop. You’re annoying the living hell out of me. Do you even know how to use a god damn flash?
Sorry sir.
It's Mr. Wilbert to you. Denise. Again.
I’m a pretty pretty princess.
Cut the attitude. Believe what you are saying.
But I don’t.
Why in the world not?
I don’t think I look good in this dress. It makes me look fat.
Nonsense. You look magnificent. Do you think we’d let any fat girls in here?
No.
Exactly. Now stop shuffling your feet like some shy girl that has nothing going for her, and show off that body.
Honey, You need to remember, God gave you everything you have. There are so many other people and kids in countries like Africa or um what’s that place near India? I don’t know. Anyways. There are kids all over the place that don’t have everything you have. The mansion. The beautiful body. The incredible opportunities. You need to make the most of it. Because they are all watching you.
Mom, please.
I’m serious, Denise. Their only hope is getting up in the morning to watch you. You be perfect. You show them that it is possible. There is beauty in this world. You give them a reason to wake up in the morning. So stop complaining about how the dress makes you look fat. Turn to the side so they only see the thin side of your waist. Suck it up, and pucker your lips for the camera.
But I don’t want to Mom.
Nonsense. We pay good money to make you look pretty and to be here. You’re going to win this thing. And you’re going to do it for your Mother.
Why?
Because I said so! You’re lucky to have this opportunity. Before your father came along, we had nothing!
He’s not my father. And that’s not true. We had lots.
Not enough. It’s not enough till you win this thing.
But I won it last year!
And the year before that? Did you win the year before that.
No.
That’s what I thought.
Pardon me, Mrs. Didn’t she get second place that year?
Frederick!
Who is this piece of shit.
I’m sorry Mrs. Broderick. He’s our new camera man. It won’t happen again.
It better not.
But sir--I mean Mr. Wilbert. She’s treating her daughter horribly. How can you even stand this witch?
How dare you! Do you know who I am!?
Clearly I wouldn’t want to.
Frederick. You’re fired.
Thank God.
That’s it? That’s all you’re going to do!? This man insulted Me!
What else do you expect me to do, Mrs. Broderick? I can’t exactly fire the man twice.
Denise. You’re beautiful no matter what you wear. No matter your size. Beauty has nothing to do with looks. Well, that’s a different kind of beauty. That’s in the eye of the beholder.
Stop talking to my daughter! Guards!
--And if the beholder has a cruel heart, then what worth are her eyes?
12/01/13
I’m a pretty pretty princess?
You’re a pretty pretty princess. Again.
I’m a pretty pretty princess.
No. Not like that. Say it like you mean it.
But I don’t.
Why don’t you? Frederick. Stop. You’re annoying the living hell out of me. Do you even know how to use a god damn flash?
Sorry sir.
It's Mr. Wilbert to you. Denise. Again.
I’m a pretty pretty princess.
Cut the attitude. Believe what you are saying.
But I don’t.
Why in the world not?
I don’t think I look good in this dress. It makes me look fat.
Nonsense. You look magnificent. Do you think we’d let any fat girls in here?
No.
Exactly. Now stop shuffling your feet like some shy girl that has nothing going for her, and show off that body.
Honey, You need to remember, God gave you everything you have. There are so many other people and kids in countries like Africa or um what’s that place near India? I don’t know. Anyways. There are kids all over the place that don’t have everything you have. The mansion. The beautiful body. The incredible opportunities. You need to make the most of it. Because they are all watching you.
Mom, please.
I’m serious, Denise. Their only hope is getting up in the morning to watch you. You be perfect. You show them that it is possible. There is beauty in this world. You give them a reason to wake up in the morning. So stop complaining about how the dress makes you look fat. Turn to the side so they only see the thin side of your waist. Suck it up, and pucker your lips for the camera.
But I don’t want to Mom.
Nonsense. We pay good money to make you look pretty and to be here. You’re going to win this thing. And you’re going to do it for your Mother.
Why?
Because I said so! You’re lucky to have this opportunity. Before your father came along, we had nothing!
He’s not my father. And that’s not true. We had lots.
Not enough. It’s not enough till you win this thing.
But I won it last year!
And the year before that? Did you win the year before that.
No.
That’s what I thought.
Pardon me, Mrs. Didn’t she get second place that year?
Frederick!
Who is this piece of shit.
I’m sorry Mrs. Broderick. He’s our new camera man. It won’t happen again.
It better not.
But sir--I mean Mr. Wilbert. She’s treating her daughter horribly. How can you even stand this witch?
How dare you! Do you know who I am!?
Clearly I wouldn’t want to.
Frederick. You’re fired.
Thank God.
That’s it? That’s all you’re going to do!? This man insulted Me!
What else do you expect me to do, Mrs. Broderick? I can’t exactly fire the man twice.
Denise. You’re beautiful no matter what you wear. No matter your size. Beauty has nothing to do with looks. Well, that’s a different kind of beauty. That’s in the eye of the beholder.
Stop talking to my daughter! Guards!
--And if the beholder has a cruel heart, then what worth are her eyes?
No comments :
Post a Comment